1981 to 1985
• CRISTIAN LAY specializes in the retail of items of fantasy jewellery (gold and silver) and of high jewellery and launches the retail of its products via catalogue.
1986 to 1890
• The company starts to manufacture its own products of fantasy and high jewellery leading to a 97% increase in its global turnover in 1986 compared to figures obtained in the previous year.
• CRISTIAN LAY opens in Portugal.
• The company widens its range of products to include items of lingerie also sold via catalogue.
• Cosmetic products are also included. CRISTIAN LAY manufactures 90% of the products sold via catalogues.
1991 to 1995
• CRISTIAN LAY launches Perseida Belleza that specializes in cosmetic products.
• The group reaches the American continent as it opens in Chile.
1996 to 2000
• The company widens its lines of products by offering items of beachwear and accessories.
• The Department of International Business Development opens in 4 new countries: Italy, Mexico, Porto Rico and Brazil.
• Creation of Ondupack (specialized in the manufacturing of corrugated cardboard) also part of Grupo CRISTIAN LAY that offers its products in Spain, Morocco, Portugal and Ireland.
• Grupo CRISTIAN LAY becomes a shareholder of Dicogexsa thus widening its services to the distribution of city gas.
• CRISTIAN LAY increases its range of lines to watches, pens and outerwear.
2001 to 2005
• The group creates a new company called Gas Extremadura Transportista which focuses on the transportation of gas via pipelines.
• The company continues to expand internationally reaching new markets in Morocco, Croatia, the Czech Republic and Costa Rica where it sells its products via catalogue.
• CRISTIAN LAY joins Grupo Tany, producers of stone fruits.
2006 to 2010
• The group acquires 33.33% of Instituto de Energías Renovables.
• In association with Grupo Tany, it creates a new company called Joana Maro on Moroccan grounds that focuses on the production of asparagus in Morocco.
• CRISTIAN LAY opens in Venezuela, Panama, Tunisia, Colombia, Poland and Nigeria.
• Ondupack expands its premises to 7,000 m2.
• Construction of Alter Enersun that becomes part of the CRISTIAN LAY group and that specializes in photovoltaic solar energy for public buildings. Alter Enersum has been building solar panels since 2009 and uses Alterna to install them.
2011 to 2014
• CRISTIAN LAY puts an end to the manufacturing of its fashion lines (outerwear, beachwear and lingerie) so as to centralise its production in Spain and span the value stream (design, manufacture, distribution and sales).
• CRISTIAN LAY opens in Angola, the Dominican Republic, Turkey and Libya.
• Perseida Belleza expands its premises to 7,000 m2.
• In 2012, the group obtains 94% of the share capital of Dicogexa and 80% of Gas Extremadura Transportista and increases its shares in Gas Extremadura.
• CRISTIAN LAY becomes sole shareholder of Gas Extremadura in 2013 as well as of Dicogexa and Gas Extremadura Transportista.
• The group continues to diversify by acquiring two factories that belonged La Seda de Barcelona, IQA and Artenius España in April of 2014 that become IQOXE and Plastiverd allowing the group to almost double its turnover.
2015 to 2017
• CRISTIAN LAY opens in Guatemala and the Ivory Coast.
• Following various months of negotiations, CL Grupo Industrial acquires GES.
• CL Grupo Industrial pursues its diversification policy by acquiring a home automation device conceived by the company Lilo Technology.
Methodical, organised and self-taught. This is how Ricardo Leal Cordobés defines himself who was born in Jerez de los Caballeros (Badajoz) on the 15th of October 1955.
His ambitious sense of entrepreneurship was already evident when he started dedicating himself to the field of jewellery 36 years ago. Today he has managed to build a powerful and successful national and international business group.